Rembrandt, the grandmaster of intimacy rocks the art world; 350 years after his death, many people, even entire nations are obsessed with his paintings. Aristocrats cherish, experts rule, art dealers investigate, collectors hunt, museums battle. The epic documentary MY REMBRANDT dives deep into the art world of Old Masters, exploring the motives of its elite.
Jan Six, Duke of Buccleuch, Eric de Rothschild, Thomas S. Kaplan
English, Dutch, French
- "MY REMBRANDT is at its most interesting when struggling to reconcile the slow, careful work of art restoration with the crass, instant gratification on acquiring such rarefied objects."
- "There's much more to Oeke Hoogendijk's MY REMBRANDT than initially meets the eye... Her latest documentary explores, to great effect, the motives for possession, obsession and ongoing fascination with the Dutch Old Master."
- "MY REMBRANDT benefits from its sequence of integrated portraits of fascinating contemporary characters rather than being overwhelmed by the broader landscape of art history."
- Little White Lies
- Norwegian Int'l Film Festival
- Docs Against Gravity Film Festival
- Montclair Film Festival
- Film Festival Cologne