The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King
The final confrontation between the forces of good and evil fighting for control of the future of Middle-earth. Hobbits: Frodo and Sam reach Mordor in their quest to destroy the "one ring", while Aragorn leads the forces of good against Sauron's evil army at the stone city of Minas Tirith.
Noel Appleby, Ali Astin, Sean Astin, David Aston
New Zealand, USA
English, Quenya, Old English, Sindarin
- "The conclusion of Peter Jackson's masterwork is passionate and literate, detailed and expansive, and it's conceived with a risk-taking flair for old-fashioned movie magic at its most precious."
- Entertainment Weekly
- "The second half of the film elevates all the story elements to Beethovenian crescendo. Here is an epic with literature's depth and opera's splendor -- and one that could be achieved only in movies. What could be more terrific?"
- "Represents that filmmaking rarity -- a third part of a trilogy that is decisively the best of the lot. With epic conflict, staggering battles, striking landscapes and effects, and resolved character arcs all leading to a dramatic conclusion to more than nine hours of masterful storytelling."
- Academy Awards
- Golden Globes
- BAFTA Awards
- Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films
- AFI Awards
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards
- Chicago Film Critics Association Awards
- Empire Awards
- Florida Film Critics Circle Awards
- Grammy Awards
- Hugo Awards
- Int'l Cinephile Society Awards
- and more...