A billionaire businessman in search of fame and social prestige decides to make a unique, groundbreaking film. To achieve this goal, he hires the best of the best: A stellar team consisting of the famous filmmaker Lola Cuevas and two well-known actors who boast not only an enormous talent, but also an even bigger ego: Hollywood star Félix Rivero and aging theater thespian Iván Torres. They're both legends, but not exactly the best of friends. Through a series of increasingly hilarious tests set by Lola, Félix and Iván must confront not only each other, but also their own legacies.
Mariano Cohn, Gastón Duprat
Penelope Cruz, Antonio Banderas, Oscar Martinez
Spain | Argentina
- "Banderas and Martínez play their catty thesps dead straight to generally hilarious effect, while Cruz cuts loose as a fiery artiste prone to dancing the floss in moments of stress."
- Time Out
- "Argentinian directors Gastón Duprat and Mariano Cohn keep the laughs coming, the pace brisk and the tone jocular, resulting in a fluffy but not altogether unserious exploration of the craft of acting."
- The Film Verdict
- "Controlled pacing, visual punchlines, and an insider knowledge of the varied pretensions within filmmaking make this a consistently amusing - if never downright hilarious - vehicle for the well-honed comic sides of two of Spain's most famous exports."
- The Playlist
- "For viewers willing to go with the flow, the film serves up roughly two hours of sharp reflections deliciously wrapped in entertaining antics."
- Hollywood Reporter
- Toronto Int'l Film Festival
- Venice Film Festival
- Vancouver Int'l Film Festival
- San Sebastián Int'l Film Festival
- José Ignacio Int'l Film Festival
- Les Arcs Int'l Film Festiva
- Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival
- Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
- Zurich Film Festival
- Göteborg Film Festival.