Both Sides of the Blade
Paris, and already winter. Sarah and Jean love each other. They have lived together for several years. Their love makes them happy, strong. There is mutual trust, and the desire never died down. One morning (by chance?) Sarah crosses paths with François who introduced her to Jean. And it is François she left for Jean without hesitating.
Juliette Binoche, Vincent Lindon, Grégoire Colin
- "As is often the case with Denis’ films, BOTH SIDES OF THE BLADE grows more illuminating as it gets hotter; what starts like a constrained and unusually jagged French drama is eventually forged into an incendiary portrait of three people."
- "The studied ambiguity of what’s going on in BOTH SIDES OF THE BLADE doesn’t keep it from often achieving the suspense of an accomplished erotic thriller."
- Slant Magazine
- "The silences that overwhelm the movie’s confrontational rages and the suppression of backstory details, underplaying motives and emphasizing action, thrust BOTH SIDES OF THE BLADE out of the realm of psychological drama and into shocking emotional immediacy."
- New Yorker
- Berlin Int'l Film Festival
- Sun Valley Film Festival
- Florida Film Festival
- San Francisco Int'l Film Festival
- BAFICI - Buenos Aires Film Festival
- Rendez-Vous with French Cinema
- Minneapolis-St. Paul Int'l Film Festival
- Alliance Française French Film Festival
- Wisconsin Film Festival
- Subversive Film Festival
- PFF SpringFest