The Good House
THE GOOD HOUSE follows Hildy Good (Sigourney Weaver), a wry New England realtor and descendant of the Salem witches, who loves her wine and her secrets. Her compartmentalized life begins to unravel as she rekindles a romance with her old high-school flame, Frank Getchell (Kevin Kline), and becomes dangerously entwined in one person's reckless behavior. Igniting long-buried emotions and family secrets, Hildy is propelled toward a reckoning with the one person she's been avoiding for decades: herself.
Maya Forbes, Wallace Wolodarsky
Sigourney Weaver, Kevin Kline, Morena Baccarin
- "It’s all too rare that audiences are treated to a big-screen examination of a woman’s inner turmoil, let alone a woman in the grandmotherly phase of her life; this one pops with both acrid wit and meaningful drama."
- "The fun of Sigourney Weaver in directors Wallace Wolodarsky and Maya Forbes’ feature, THE GOOD HOUSE, is watching a master actor create an everyday character so believable that she could literally walk into a room and pass as one of us. By the way, everything I said about Weaver equally applies to her co-star Kevin Kline as well."
- Film Threat
- "As a viewing experience, THE GOOD HOUSE is capable if unexciting, as tastefully waspish as its millieu, with a damped-down pace and a muted score. As an acting masterclass from Sigourney Weaver as a smart woman in denial, though, it’s impressive."
- Screen Daily
- Toronto Int'l Film Festival
- Provincetown Int'l Film Festival
- Tribeca film festival