A documentary chronicling the life of Richard Davis, the man who invented the concealable bulletproof vest - shooting himself 196 times in the course of his career to prove the effectiveness of his vests.
- "Making a great documentary is half finding the right story, half knowing what to do with it. Ramin Bahrani hits the jackpot on both counts in this slyly entertaining but also morally and emotionally resonant investigation."
- Screen Daily Lee Marshall
- "Davis’ story seems ripe for a sensational, multi-episode streaming event à la "Tiger King," but in Bahrani’s thorough and tactful hands, it yields a fascinating, infuriating but eventually touching piece of non-fiction storytelling."
- "As Bahrani goes to great depths to verify his subject’s contradictory tales and the circumstances behind his company’s termination, 2ND CHANCE turns into a familiar American portrait of mythmaking and cognitive dissonance."
- The Film Stage
- Chicago Critics Film Festival
- Tokyo Int'l Film Festival
- Santa Barbara Int'l Film Festival
- South by Southwest Film Festival
- Hot Docs Int'l Film Festival
- Sundance Film Festival
- PFF SpringFest
- DOC NYC
- CPH DOX