Decision to Leave
Winner of Cannes Best Director in 2022, Park Chan-wook ("Oldboy," "The Handmaiden") returns with a seductive romantic thriller that takes his renowned stylistic flair to dizzying new heights. When detective Hae-joon (Park Hae-il) arrives at a murder scene, he begins to suspect the dead man’s wife Seo-rae (Tang Wei) may know more than she initially lets on. But as he digs deeper into the investigation, Hae-joon finds himself trapped in a web of deception and desire, proving that the darkest mysteries lurk inside the human heart.
Tang Wei, Park Hae-il, Go Kyung-Pyo
- "Crafted with unforced humor, ravishing visuals and commanding maturity, DECISION TO LEAVE intoxicates with its potent brew of love, emotional manipulation — or is it? —and obsession."
- The Hollywood Reporter
- "Park’s funny, playful, and increasingly poignant crime thriller is less interested in what Hae-joon (Park Hae-il) knows about his suspect than in how he feels about her"
- "DECISION TO LEAVE is ultimately a seductive romance, one made all the more fascinating by the boundaries the characters tread but never dare cross. Stories of longing are so tantalizing because they hang in that gray space of potential. The build-up is often more gratifying than the release, and Park wrings it for all its worth."
- The Playlist
- Cannes Film Festival
- Valladolid Int'l Film Festival
- Buil Film Awards
- Chunsa Film Art Awards
- Toronto Int'l Film Festival
- Neuchâtel Int'l Fantastic Film Festival
- Karlovy Vary Int'l Film Festival
- New Horizons Int'l Film Festival
- Rio de Janeiro Int'l Film Festival
- Philadelphia Int'l Film Festival
- Stockholm Int'l Film Festival
- Ljubljana Int'l Film Festival
- Asian Film Festival Barcelona
- Bergen Int'l Film Festival
- Vienna Int'l Film Festival
- Byron Bay Int'l Film Festival
- and more...