The Little Mermaid
The beloved story of Ariel (Halle Bailey), a beautiful and spirited young mermaid with a thirst for adventure. The youngest of King Triton’s (Javier Bardem) daughters, and the most defiant, Ariel longs to find out more about the world beyond the sea, and while visiting the surface, falls for the dashing Prince Eric (Jonah Hauer-King). While mermaids are forbidden to interact with humans, Ariel must follow her heart. She makes a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula (Melissa McCarthy), which gives her a chance to experience life on land, but ultimately places her life – and her father’s crown – in jeopardy.
Halle Bailey, Jonah Hauer-King, Melissa McCarthy, Javier Bardem
- "THE LITTLE MERMAID, Disney's latest live-action remake, is surprisingly good. In fact, it is the best one yet."
- Arizona Republic
- "One of Disney’s best live-action reimaginings to date."
- "Halle Bailey's soaring vocals and radiant energy illuminates the underwater depths."
- "A star-making turn from newcomer Halle Bailey and some poignant subtext about fathers and daughters elevates this latest Disney live-action remake."
- Times (UK)
- "[It] is charming, funny, and sincere and it makes me want to be part of that world."
- "It serves as a handsome homage while persuasively making the case as its own discrete entity."
- Telegraph (UK)
- "Halle Bailey is all the reason that any audience should need to justify Disney revisiting this classic."
- "With Halle Bailey, life under the sea is better than anything Disney live-action has done in nearly a decade."
- Entertainment Weekly