FREE MOVIE SUNDAYS!
Free Screening: Sunday Afternoon - September 24
Encore Screenings at Regular Price: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday Evening - September 24, 26 & 28
Hitchcock's romantic story of obsession, manipulation and fear. A detective is forced to retire after his fear of heights causes the death of a fellow officer and the girl he was hired to follow. He sees a double of the girl, causing him to transform her image onto the dead girl's body. This leads into a cycle of madness and lies.
James Stewart, Kim Novak, Barbara Bel Geddes
- "VERTIGO, which is one of the two or three best films Hitchcock ever made, is the most confessional, dealing directly with the themes that controlled his art."
- Chicago Sun-Times
- "All great art has within it some irreducible, inexplicable element, beyond its cleverness and craft. Such is the hold VERTIGO has. This strange, frustrating story of a haunted pervert, Hitchcock's Byronic opus, still evades capture, and refuses to be something it's not."
- The Guardian
- "VERTIGO is one of the great movies about movies, and about Hitchcock’s own way with them.
- The New Yorker
- "Profound, penetrating and unfathomable rather than (quite) perfectly formed art. Vertigo pioneered that camera effect, known as the dolly zoom, whereby the viewer (the point of view is always Stewart’s) appears to fall into an infinite abyss while remaining quite still...The film itself is that abyss, and we’re still falling into it and for it."
- The Telegraph
- San Sebastián Int'l Film Festival
- Sant Jordi Awards
- Karlovy Vary Int'l Film Festival
- Shanghai Int'l Film Festival
- Beijing Int'l Film Festival
- Los Angeles Film Festival
- Göteborg Film Festival.
- San Sebastian Film Festival